Health fad? Or actually really good for you?
Activated charcoal is a fine black powder that comes from wood and coconut husk and it has the ability to bind to everything it comes in contact with within your system (*Please note that this is NOT the same charcoal that you use at your weekend barbecues!) It is actually a medicinal substance that undergoes a processing that strips the charcoal of its toxins and allows it to absorb and remove toxins within the body when consumed. It has actually even been used in hospitals to treat patients admitted due to overdoses as it helps to remove the toxins from their bodies.
It has many potential benefits which range from internal to cosmetic and we are gonna list some of those benefits below…
- Intestinal gas: Though the reasons for this are still unknown, activated charcoal has been linked to reducing intestinal gas within those plagued with the discomfort.
- Diarrhea: researches have determined that activated charcoal could help with diarrhea due to the porous surface of charcoal being able to absorb the bacteria that causes diarrhea.
- Teeth whitening: Activated charcoal has been known to whiten teeth and can be found in many different teeth whitening products. It can also be helpful in overall oral health, as it may be; antibacterial, antiviral, anti fungal and overall detoxifying!
- Body odor: Activated charcoal can be found in many deodorants as it has been touted to have the ability to absorb excess moisture and control humidity levels at a microscopic level.
- Skin: This substance can be beneficial for overall skin health or in helping in healing minor wounds due to its antibacterial effect in absorbing harmful bacterium. On a more day to day level, activated charcoal may be able to remove dirt and toxins from the skin allowing for a deep detoxification.
You don’t need much activated charcoal to gain all of these amazing potential benefits. Even just half a teaspoon will get you far! There are many ways to consume, including lemon water and smoothies. Check out our awesome “SY Everything Smoothie” below!
SY Everything Smoothie:
- 1 cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop SY Pure Body Lean Protein
- 1 scoop Vital Flow Essentials
- 1 scoop ImmuniC
- 1/2 tsp activated charcoal
- 3/4 cup sprouted almond milk
Blend all ingredients together and top with your favorite toppings! Enjoy!